Provisional License

You can apply for a provisional Driving License on line by clicking here. There are sites which charge you to apply so unless you’re happy to pay a fee, go to the DVSA website above.

You can apply for your Driving License up to 3 months before your 17th Birthday.

We can – subject to you having received your Driving License – apply for a Theory Test for you on your Birthday.

The provisional Driving License is a plastic card no longer accompanied by a paper counterpart.

If you loose your plastic Driving License, you will not be able to take a Theory Test or Driving Test and you will loose your fee if we have already booked one for you unless we cancel the tests with at least 3 working days notice

If you have a Northern Ireland Driving License, we will not be able to book your Driving Test on line, only by telephoning the DVSA which we will do for you

If you have a european License, you are entitled to drive in the UK without taking a driving test

If you have a non european license, after 1 year from the date of residence, you will have to apply for a provisional driving licence and go through the UK process of tests to obtain a full license.

For all other details, please check the DVSA website.